Photo Mambo is unlike any other photo sharing solution. It lets your closest friends and family feel more connected, as they enjoy your photos every day. No need to download or save the pictures, they are simply added to the Photo Mambo Frame. And high quality digital copies are automatically saved for your loved ones to keep.
- Displays Your Pictures Again and Again: Photo Mambo is the only service that places your photos in a picture frame/screensaver that stays on your friend or family member's computer, iPad, or iPhone. The pictures you share are displayed in a continuous slideshow whenever their computer is on or their iOS app is clicked.
- Shares Photos For Keeps: Photo Mambo gives your friends and family members high resolution copies of your photos automatically, so they have permanent copies for printing, making calendars, or whatever they want.
- Shares in the Way That's Right For Them: You decide how each person receives pictures via Photo Mambo. Close friends and family can get pictures "for keeps" in a Photo Mambo Frame; other friends can just enjoy them once or twice on the web.
- Brings Together Pictures From All Their Friends and Family: Unlike a traditional digital picture frame, the Photo Mambo Frame can collect and display photos from many people. So your pictures and your siblings’ pictures will rotate through without one person's photos erasing the other's.
- The first time you send pictures to someone using Photo Mambo, they receive an email inviting them to download the Photo Mambo Frame to their computer, iPad, or iPhone (or all three!).
- On computers, the Photo Mambo Frame appears on their screen displaying your pictures in a continuous slideshow. The frame will display your pictures whenever the computer is on, so they can see your smiling faces every day.
- On their iPad or iPhone, your pictures are added to a Photo Mambo album, which accumulates all the pictures they receive via Photo Mambo, and they can start a slideshow of all the pictures with one click, to enjoy or show them off easily.
- When you send new photos, loved ones see a message in the frame telling them you've sent new pictures and inviting them to view them.
Yep. The Photo Mambo iPhone/iPad app gives you the full range of Photo Mambo goodness on your phone or tablet.
- Snap and send pictures, or select pictures from your photo library to share
- Receive pictures sent to you
- Display Photo Mambo pictures in a beautiful slideshow.
- Use your iPad like a digital picture frame when you are charging it. It displays all the photos loved ones send you via Photo Mambo.
- Your iPhone becomes a photo album that updates itself with new photos people share with you.
We don’t have an Android, Kindle or Windows phone app yet….stay tuned. But, fear not! In the meantime…you can send pictures via Photo Mambo from any camera phone or camera tablet using our special Email Express feature.
- You give us a short list of loved ones and close friends (your “Express List”) to send pictures to
- We give you a special, personalized email address to use to share pictures.
- Send pictures to that email address, and we will always share them to your Express List of friends and family.
The Photo Mambo Frame is where your pictures are displayed on your computer, phone, or tablet. When you install the Photo Mambo app, the Photo Mambo Frame displays a continuous slideshow of all the pictures you’ve received via Photo Mambo. So you can enjoy them day in and day out. When you receive new pictures, they are simply added to the Frame.
Yes! You can invite other people to send pictures to a loved one’s Photo Mambo Frame—or to your Frame. Each Photo Mambo Frame can display photos received from many different people. Just have them download the Photo Mambo application on their phone or computer and send pictures to the email address of the person they want to share with. We’ll do the rest.
Of course, you will always be asked for permission when someone new offers to place photos into your Photo Mambo Frame.
There are two "parts" to the Photo Mambo application on the PC and Mac... 1) the Frame which displays the pictures you’ve received, and 2) the "Sender", where you share pictures with others or add pictures to your own frame. When the Photo Mambo Frame is active and you want to share pictures, place your cursor over the Frame. Icons will appear on the bottom right corner of your frame.
Click on the icon that looks like an envelope.
This will open the screen that lets you send pictures or add pictures to your own frame.
To add pictures to your own frame, you send them to yourself — just as you would send them to someone else.
Open the screen to send pictures by placing your cursor over the frame, and clicking on the envelope icon on the bottom right corner of your Photo Mambo Frame.
Select the pictures you want to add, and send them to “Myself”.
Yes and No...
To get the full benefit of Photo Mambo, close friends and family will need to install the Photo Mambo Frame - a small software application that runs on their computer, iPad, or iPhone. It displays your images in a continuous slideshow, and automatically gives them high resolution copies of your pictures "for keeps". It makes it easy for them to enjoy your pictures day after day.
Your broader set of friends who may only want to see your pictures once or twice can view them online without having any Photo Mambo software.
Yes. We designed the Photo Mambo Frame to run each time you start-up your computer, so you can enjoy the pictures you receive every day. But some people prefer not to have the Frame open each time the computer starts; they want it to only operate as their screensaver, when the computer is idle. You can change these settings using the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the Frame. (If you don’t see the icons, be sure your cursor is over the frame). In settings, select the “Frame Preferences” tab and un-click the option to “Show frame on computer start-up”.
You bet. Use the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the Frame. (If you don’t see the icons, be sure your cursor is over the frame). In settings, select the “Frame Preferences” tab and change the settings for the screensaver.
There is no charge for using Photo Mambo at this time. We anticipate that there will be a premium version of Photo Mambo with a subscription fee in the future, and we anticipate that the free service will display advertising in the future.